The Philippine Consulate in Guam has submitted to the Philippine government a contingency plan amid North Korea’s missile launch threat against the US, GMA’s News TV Live report said on Saturday.
The 30-page plan reports the current situation of the Filipinos in Guam, as well as the plan to evacuate Filipinos in the US island territory in the Pacific Ocean using chartered planes.
The report also said the Philippine Consulate has prepared an alternative office for their officials that comes with a generator, a big yard, and a living area.
This will also serve as an evacuation center for Filipinos, the report added.
There are currently 34,000 Filipino passport holders in Guam, according to Philippine Consul General Marciano de Borja.
Earlier this week, North Korea said it was considering plans for a missile strike on the US Pacific territory of Guam.
The Department of National Defense, for its part, assured the public it was on the alert for any untoward incident that may affect the Philippines. — Anna Felicia Bajo/MDM, GMA News